In order to register for the IPI exercise, the designated person in each laboratory must fill out the form below. If the laboratory wants to register more than one participant to the exercise, they can tick the box ‘add a second participant’ and keep doing this until you register the total number of participants for your laboratory. If the analysts are in different locations, please write the different addresses for each analyst or group of analysts in the location box. Please make sure you write the full name of all participants and make sure all details entered in the form are correct, especially e-mail addresses, as they will be used to communicate with the analysts directly.
The fee for the proficiency test for 2023 is 750 Euros per participant, excluding bank fees. The fee must be paid in full before any materials can be shipped. This fee covers sample preparation, verification, packing and shipping, preparation of an online taxonomy HABs quiz (Oceanteacher) , the intercomparison study design, transfer and data analysis of results, statistical analysis, overall data processing, preparation of a final report and a statement of performance certificate. Once registration has closed, participants will receive:
- Samples couriered to individual analysts in each laboratory.
- A Phytoplankton taxonomy quiz in ‘Ocean teacher’ will be accessed online.
- Relevant set of protocols and instructions.
- Electronic summary report of laboratories performance in the intercomparison exercise.
- Confidential statement of performance certificate.
- Invitation to a training/wash-up workshop where participants will be presented with a draft report and have the opportunity to share experiences, discuss general results and make suggestions for future work. The workshop will have a practical element and guest speakers are invited to present their work during these sessions.
- Course materials at the workshop.
- Custom payments or fees incurred on delivery and release of parcels are paid by the receiving laboratory. For EU countries, the shipping of samples will take place from Madrid, Spain this year to avoid execesive custom charges by couriers from the Canary Islands.
- The registration does not cover flights to and from the workshop, accommodation nor meals during the workshop.
Registration opens: 30.01.2023 to 28.02.2023
Samples sent: 05.06.2023
Deadline for submission of samples: 01.09.2023
Report and Workshop: 01.11.2023